BLC Recipes 03-2001: Untraditional Irish Stew
Der Chairman empfiehlt:
Das Meal zum St. Patrick’s day am 17.3.2001
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 pounds of a choice meat, of your choice. (venison, buffalo, cobra, alligator, ostrich)
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries, crushed
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups celery, cut into 1-inch diagonals
- 6 to 8 peeled small boiling onions
- ¾ to 1 cup beef stock
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup freshly hand picked shamrocks (for garnish)
- Remove all connective tissue and/or fat from your selected meat and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a non-aluminum bowl, combine the meat, juniper berries, peppercorns and garlic. Add 1 cup of the red wine. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight.
- Drain off the marinade and discard. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat and brown the venison. Add the celery and onions. Add the remaining ½ cup red wine and ¾ cup beef stock. Cover and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes, or until tender, adding the remaining beef stock during baking if necessary.
- Remove from the oven. Season with salt and pepper and serve. Garnish serving plate with shamrocks and have a happy St. Patrick’s day!